Pottery Class Singapore
Unleash your inner artist with pottery classes in Singapore – the perfect way to explore your creative side and hone a new skill! Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced potter, there are plenty of courses available to suit any level.
Plus, pottery classes are great as team building activities in Singapore for colleagues or just a fun break from the everyday routine. Get started by learning more about the different types of pottery classes offered in Singapore, what skills you will gain in each one, and what tools you may need. Then, pick the best class for your needs and get ready to unlock your creative potential!
Consideration Factors When Choosing A Pottery Class Singapore
- Types Of Pottery Classes: Whether you’re a beginner or more advanced potter, Singapore has a wide range of pottery classes for you to choose from. The most popular are the pottery wheel classes, where you’ll learn how to use tools such as the pottery wheel to create everything from simple shapes to advanced forms. Alternatively, you could try out pottery painting classes and get creative with colors and patterns. There are also plenty of studios that offer courses suitable for both novice potters and those with plenty of experience – come explore the world of pottery in Singapore today!
- What You Will Learn: Whether you’re a beginner or more experienced, pottery classes in Singapore will teach you all about this art form, from the types of clay to use through to the firing and glazing process. You’ll also be able to pick up techniques such as clay wedging, centering your wheel and hand-building. Best of all, each class typically lasts 2-3 hours, meaning you can easily fit it into your schedule and enjoy every moment!
- What Kind Of Equipment You Will Need: Before signing up for a pottery class, it’s important to make sure you have all the necessary supplies. This usually means bringing your own pottery wheel and clay, as well as tools such as a pottery brush, sponge and wheel bat. While some studios may provide these items, it’s always best to check first before committing.
- Tips On Choosing The Right Class: When selecting a pottery class, it’s important to make sure you select one that is suitable for your current skill level. If you’re just getting started, then look out for classes designed specifically for beginners – you’ll get the chance to learn slab making or coil building among other techniques. For more experienced potters, opting for an advanced class is the way forward, as this will let you explore wheel work and refine your skills in order to create containers like cups, bowls, tea sets and vases.
Now that you know what to look out for, here are The Best Pottery Classes in Singapore!
Best Pottery Class Singapore
1. Common Touch Craft
|Key Services||Pottery Class, Corporate Events & Bespoke Gifts|
|Address||Burghley Lifestyle Hub 45 Burghley Drive, #01-08|
|Operating Hours||Operating Hours: 12pm – 9pm, Closed on Mon & Wed|
Unleash your inner artist and come join us for an unforgettable experience at Common Touch Craft! Everyone, from beginners to experienced potters, is welcome to take part in our pottery workshops and classes. Here, you’ll be able to create 3D artwork from clay with our well-acclaimed pottery sessions that bring you a vibrant art-creating experience. Covering the entire range of clay work – from wheel throwing to hand building – these 2-3 hour sessions are all conveniently equipped with materials and tools so all you need is yourself and your imagination.
- Whether you’re a novice or an expert, pottery courses for all ages and experience levels are here to help unlock your creative potential
- Exploring Your Creative Spark Through Vibrant Art
- Their pottery classes offer a diverse range of options, including wheel throwing and hand building with ceramics
Good teachers, very friendly and approachable. Family friendly. Enjoyed our session!
2. Center Pottery Singapore/3Arts
|Key Services||Pottery Wheel Throwing, Pottery Handbuilding, Group/Corporate Workshops|
|Address||394 Joo Chiat Place Singapore 428078|
|Operating Hours||Contact for more information|
Let your creativity flow and join us at Center Pottery for an enjoyable and therapeutic experience with clay art! Our pottery classes and workshops are suitable for all ages, and we even work with psychologists to combine modern psychology with creative clay-making. Our tranquil and spacious venue next door to a Dragon Kiln in Singapore provides a unique opportunity to appreciate the peace that pottery making brings while being immersed in nature. Our structured curriculum is available to mental health patients and the general public alike – come create with us!
- Both Integrate clay art with modern psychology
- Therapeutic Educational Program in a tranquil environment
3. Mud Rock Ceramics
|Key Services||Ceramic and Pottery making|
|Address||85 Maude Rd, Singapore 208357|
|Operating Hours||Contact for more information|
Unlock your inner ceramic artist at Mud Rock Ceramics! Established by two professional ceramicists, the studio has developed a reputation for working with design studios, restaurants, government organisations, architects and individuals to produce beautiful creations. With its fully equipped kiln suite – complete with kilns, glaze laboratory and more – and affordable introductory session prices of $83 per person, it’s the perfect place to be immersed in the art of ceramics. Private group sessions are also available for groups from 10+, and if you’re feeling extra generous, Mud Rock Ceramics give back to the community through volunteerism and collaborating with NGOs or Homes (and one non-profit event each year).
- Crafted with expertise by renowned ceramics artists in the field, this is an experience you won’t want to miss
- With a track record of working closely with an array of customers and providing expert advice, they have the necessary experience to successfully collaborate
- They offer a wide selection of classes for both kids and adults! Test the waters with their free trial class today
Lovely ceramics, classes, atmosphere, people & pup! Well organized classes.
4. Taoz Ceramics
|Key Services||Pottery Workshops|
|Address||Orchard Road 277 Orchard Road, Orchard Gateway #03-03, Singapore 238858 / 2 Jurong East Central 1, JCube #04-16, Singapore 609731|
|Phone||8342 2381, 8363 3930|
|Operating Hours||11am – 8pm|
Unlock your creativity with Taoz Ceramics Studio! Established in 2013, we offer a unique opportunity to connect with traditional ceramics art. Whether you’re just starting out or already a skilled artist, our classes are specially designed to stimulate imagination and bring out the best of your talents. Located in the heart of Singapore, we provide wheel throwing experiences and courses for all levels, along with fully equipped facilities and tools – come as you are and create your own masterpiece!
- Ignites an appreciation for pottery in your students by teaching them how to create their own unique masterpieces
- Whether you’re a novice or an expert, they have classes to fit every level of proficiency
- Nestled in the bustling city of Singapore lies their convenient location
Brought my friends after my 1st visit with my husband to try on this friendly pottery making session.. Jenny is very friendly and she made the lessons very enjoyable..Highly recommended!
5. Ceramic House
|Key Services||Pottery Class For All Skill Levels|
|Address||9004 Tampines Street 93, Tampines Industrial Park A,#02-102,|
|Operating Hours||Contact for more information|
Unleash your ceramic creativity with Ceramic House! Founded by two passionate potters in the early 1980s, make use of their wealth of experience and tradition at the pottery workshop. Join a supportive community of ceramic enthusiasts and artists – you could even start up your own studio! We only do handcrafted one-of-a-kind works, so sign up now to get started! Choose between beginner, intermediate, children’s or bonding classes, with trial workshops at 2 hours and fees ranging from $25 to $40. Make your imaginative fantasies come alive – it’s time to embrace ceramics art today!
- Unlock your potential with our complimentary trial classes
- The company is driven by a passionate duo that constantly sought to advance their understanding through trial and error
- Students have begun their own artistic havens for ceramics, launching vibrant pottery studios unlike ever before
Had an amazing throwing trial experience with Rebecca! She was very patient and knowledgeable, and thorough in her teaching! Definitely recommend for all beginners and those interested in pottery!
6. Studio Asobi
|Key Services||Pottery Making Classes & Pottery Techniques|
|Address||Block 705, Hougang Ave 2, Singapore 530705|
|Operating Hours||Closed on Monday – Wednesday, Friday & Sunday,|
9.30am – 12.30pm
2.30pm – 5.30pm
Create your own meaningful masterpiece with Studio Asobi! Embark on a journey where life is one big exploration and adventure with the friendly creators who share the same belief. The pottery classes teach you how to make pottery in a single session, traditional classes, team-building sessions and even a spiritual retreat. What’s more – a portion of profits are pledged to bless others in need through pottery classes conducted at nursing homes and to part-time teach injured migrant workers! After signing up, collect your one-of-a-kind vessel at 2–3 weeks. Take note that the pair have taken a break recently – stay tuned for more news about their reopening!
- From novice to expert, there are an array of pottery classes available for all levels of experience
- Ignite creativity and self-expression through pottery, a fun activity that encourages exploration and engagement
- Their mission is to help the needy
It was my first experience in pottery and I fell in love with it immediately thanks to Hui Wen and Kenneth! I brought my bf to surprise him for his birthday and we both had an amazing time there! Huiwen and Kenneth were both so lovely and passionate in what they do, and they were very attentive and always giving us guidance and tips in our art pieces. we love our final pieces too! Would definitely recommend this place! 🙂
7. Thow Kwang Pottery Jungle
|Key Services||Pottery Workshop, Wholesale Pottery Retails (in-house & online), Tour of Singapore’s Historical Dragon Kiln, Made in Singapore Products & Wood-fired Products by Singapore’s Potters|
|Address||85 Lorong Tawas Singapore 639823|
|Operating Hours||9am – 5pm Daily (including PH except Chinese New Year)|
Visit Thow Kwang Pottery Jungle and explore the past, present and future of ceramic art! Since 1965, this family-run business has been providing the services of import & export, wholesale pottery retail (online and in-store), pottery workshops for everyone – from schools to corporate groups – as well as continuing its long tradition of dragon kiln firings every once or twice a year. Experience Singapore’s oldest surviving dragon kiln built in 1940 at Thow Kwang Pottery Jungle!
- Create art-filled memories at their Pottery Workshop
- Sell Ceramics in Bulk to Retailers
- Possessing a piece of Singaporean history – the earliest Dragon Kiln in existence
Had a really fun and instructive pottery wheel class with TC, who is an awesome instructor. Definitely a unique place in Singapore with history and ambiance. Reserve some time to explore the grounds and all the pottery on display. The dragon kiln is super impressive!
8. Bethel Pottery by Studio MC
|Key Services||Pottery Classes, “Build Your Own” Kits|
|Address||2 Everton Park, #01-59A, Singapore 081002|
|Operating Hours||Closed on Monday|
Tuesday & Sunday
11.30am – 2.30pm
Wednesday – Saturday
11.30am – 6.30pm
Find peace of mind and creative inspiration at Bethel Pottery! Located in a tranquil, picturesque setting, you can watch your pottery piece being molded under the guidance of the passionate craftsman. Enjoy the lovely stories and inspiring art while you’re here, or take a look at the larger-scale ceramics commissions available at NUH, ITE Headquarters and Woodlands MRT station. With a single session costing just $90, pick from discounted packages and “build your own” pottery set – perfect for all levels of skill.
- Their arts program is headed by an extraordinarily talented and award-winning leader who has taught in various educational settings, presented their work at numerous exhibitions, and had commissioned pieces showcased in prominent buildings
- Whether you’re looking for a one-off class or a package of classes, they’ve got something to suit your needs
- “Build Your Own” Pottery Set available
Excellent instruction by master potter Robert (Min), who patiently goes through the fundamental techniques and skills, guiding students through the process so that even first-timers can jump straight into the craft. Comfortable space with lots of beautiful works by teacher and students past and present on display.
9. Padme Hum Studio
|Key Services||Pottery Class for Individuals and/or Groups, Team-building Workshops for Corporates, Workshops for Special Needs Children, Customized Orders for Customers|
|Address||1090 Lower Delta Road, #04-15, Singapore 169201|
|Phone||(+65) 8611 4613|
|Operating Hours||Monday & Tuesday: Closed / Wednesday-Friday: 9am-3pm / Saturday: 8am-3.30pm / Sunday: 2.30pm-5.30pm|
Unleash your imagination and create something unique at Padme Hum Studio! With a spacious studio for exploring your artistic talent, you’ll find yourself with a blank canvas to form beautiful art, such as pottery. From spending the day to introspecting on your strengths, Padme Hum Studio provides a supportive environment for all visiting artists to explore their creative side and create magical ceramic pieces. The young community serves as an educational branch and support system for all – so make sure to visit this inspiring ceramic studio today!
- In an environment that encourages creative freedom, their classes are small and laid-back so you can bring your artistic vision to life
- Their team crafts custom, exclusive pieces tailored to our clients’ individual needs and desires
- They’re devoted to sustainability, and they only use eco-friendly materials for their products and classes
10. The 8TH FLOOR Creative Space – Wheel Throwing
|Key Services||Personalised pottery course, Wheel throwing to create household ceramics|
|Address||37 Lorong 23 Geylang, #08-03 Yu Li Industrial Building, Singapore 388371|
|Operating Hours||Contact for more information|
Unearth your pottery skills at the 8TH FLOOR Creative Space! Get personalised guidance from experts as you closely track each stage of integration, tailored to suit your individual learning rate. Plus, enjoy a host of activities with friends and hone your craft in their wheel throwing class – learn how to throw decorative items like plates and bowls, or even make your own ceramic pieces. Make the most out of their pottery classes and experience something truly memorable!
- During this workshop, attendees will learn the art of wheel throwing to make beautiful and functional ceramics for their homes
- A pottery course designed to meet your individual needs and develop your craftsmanship
- Get together with your pals and discover how to create beautiful, handmade ceramic pieces for your home!
I have been doing pottery classes here for over 6 months now. It has by far been the best experience of learning a new creative talent in a space that is airy and friendly. Alvin has been the best teacher and more than that. he is patient, goes over technical points over, gets you to continuously improve your skills and encouraging. I love coming here. The equipment is good, and the class progresses on to various skill improvement objectives. Come here if you are serious to learn, have fun and growing in learning a new skill.
Pottery Class Singapore
Pottery classes in Singapore can be the perfect way to explore your creative side and learn a new skill. From pottery wheel basics to hand-building techniques, there are plenty of opportunities for potters of all levels to develop their skills. That makes it an excellent option for team building in Singapore as well!
Whether you’re looking for an activity that offers relaxation or something that encourages self-expression for your next team building in Singapore, pottery classes could offer just what you need.
With so many interesting courses available from experienced instructors, pottery classes in Singapore are sure to bring out the best in anyone who embarks on this journey!
Want more interesting topics to read? Check out some of our other interesting and useful articles below:
- Ultimate Guide To Pottery Singapore (2023)
- Best Pottery Workshops In Singapore (2023)
- Best Workshops In Singapore (2023)
- Best Team Building Workshops In Singapore (2023)
- Best Team Building Activities In Singapore (2023)
- Ultimate Guide To Team Building In Singapore (2023)
- Best Team Bonding Activities In Singapore (2023)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
If you have any questions about pottery classes in Singapore, you can refer to the frequently asked questions (FAQ) about the best pottery classes in Singapore below:
What Are Pottery Classes In Singapore?
Pottery classes in Singapore are usually conducted in a place where there are studios with plenty of potter’s wheels for students to use. Master potters/teachers will guide students on how to use the wheel, give demonstrations, and also share knowledge about the history of their craft so participants can have a deeper understanding of what they are learning.
Pottery classes in Singapore are usually very interactive because full time potter and teachers will often guide participants during their training. Pottery is a very physical experience so don’t be surprised if you find yourself getting quite dirty with clay!
What Are The Benefits Of Taking Pottery Classes In Singapore?
There are many benefits of participating in a pottery class. Studies have shown that the brain can stay healthy and active well into old age if it is allowed to express itself artistically, and ceramic art is a good way to do so.
So take pottery classes in Singapore today! They are perfect for people who want to learn a new skill and also for those who just want to unleash their creativity!
What Types Of Pottery Techniques Are There?
There are many pottery techniques in Singapore. The most common ones are slipcasting, hand building and wheel throwing.
Wheel Throwing is the process of shaping clay into round forms on a potter’s wheel. It requires practice to perfect because it can be challenging to keep the clay moving smoothly around the wheel instead of sticking to it or wrinkling as it is formed.
Hand building is the process of making pottery without a potter’s wheel, and it is typically used for creating large forms such as vases and planters.
Slipcasting involves coating plaster molds with liquid clay and leaving them to dry. After they have dried, the clay-soaked plaster mold is baked in a kiln to fully harden. Once they are hardened, the plaster pieces are placed on top of a layer of house glazes and fired once more.
What Is The Best Way To Learn Pottery Techniques?
The best way to learn pottery techniques is by participating in a pottery class where you will usually be taught separately about pottery basics. Some pottery studios offer advanced classes as well if you’re looking to up your pottery making game.
Other Useful Articles
If you are looking for other useful guides and articles about pottery classes in Singapore, check them out below: